Introduction to Anatomy is designed for those studying towards a Certificate in Pilates Matwork Instruction or Diploma of Professional Pilates Instruction (10537NAT), or for anyone who is interested in learning more about the body and how it works. Held on site at and for National Pilates Training this short course is held multiple times through our the year with both online and face to face components.
I have designed the face to face component of the course to be as fun and enjoyable as possible while still relaying the information as effectively as possible with the view of catering to all types of learners.
Sunday 23rd February, 2020 – Melbourne
- Sunday 24th May, 2020 – Online live webinar
- Sunday 19th July, 2020 – Online live webinar
- Sunday October 4th, 2020 – Melbourne
hours minutes seconds
Intro to Anatomy May – Online
What you will learn
- Introduction to the muscular and skeletal systems, their roles within the body and the associated terminology.
- The structural skeletal characteristics of the lumbar spine and muscles of the lumbar region, abdominal wall and pelvic floor.
- The structural skeletal characteristics of the thoracic spine and cage, and the muscles of the thoracic region.
- Breathing and the muscles used during passive and forced respiration.
- The commonly addressed muscles of the neck and their origin, insertion and action.
- The structural skeletal characteristics and differences of the cervical spine and its varied range of motion between the different vertebrae.
- The characteristics of the skeletal structure of the shoulder and how it moves around the axial skeleton.
- The muscles of the rotator cuff and shoulder girdle and their origin, insertion and action.
- The basic characteristics of the pelvis and its surrounding musculature and their actions.