Through out the week you can usually find Ben teaching his Pilates studio clients at Aligned for Life Pilates – Melbourne.
Ben truly believes that every single person deserves a chance at living their best life just like he had the opportunity to do so in 2012, which has led him to help people to participate fully in their own live through the Pilates Method as well as movement education in the corporate space and of course hosting the Let Me Take A Selfie Podcast.
Find Ben via:
Creating a positive attitude at your desk – You’re a Desk Athlete
Things to remember when going to sit at your desk, intentional and purposeful practice is what makes the difference when tackling movement at the desk, which includes the concepts of:
- Communication (body and mind)
In order to really encapsulate the meaning of the type of work that takes place that makes the difference. So, I’d like you to look at that desk of yours as the tools to your craft and being able to practice movement at the desk with intention and purpose, breaking up your movement throughout the day. Like stand up to answer the phone even if it’s to sit back down again.
The four tips to help you at the desk
- Treat your desk like a hot seat – stand up regularly, even if it to sit back down again.
2. Rotation is a great back mobiliser – add some gentle twists while sitting
3. Work on counteracting those rolled shoulders – This can help not only receive the pressure off the shoulders but also neck and back
4. Intermittently reset your Desk Jockey posture – Stand up, stretch and open the hips, shoulders and chest
Links of Interest
Ep. 022 – Knowing your worth – The Self-Worth Movement w/ Farah Mak – The Let me take a Selfie Podcast
- Ep. 022 – Knowing your worth – The Self-Worth Movement w/ Farah Mak
- Ep. 021 – Exercises to keep you moving at the desk w/ Ben Rashleigh & Laminex learning bites
- Ep. 020 – Chronic conditions, pain & how the Endocannabinoid system can help w/ Dr Carrie Newbold
- Ep. 019 – Handling the stresses of life w/ Tony Fahkry
- Ep. 018 – Not so regular Joe – Eating disorders and the journey beyond w/ Marc Roufeil