A public speaker with extensive experience hosting, facilitating and speaking at major conferences and events, tapping into the power of storytelling to tackle difficult conversations and elicit “aha” moments from the audience.
Farah is also a writer and performer who uses the power of words, images and story-telling to help communities tackle difficult issues.
Find Farah via:
The power of conversation and the healing of sharing stories.
In this “Not so regular Joe” interview, Farah Beaini who talks to us about her personal journey to help manage her Chronic Fatigue and Chronic Pain with the power of conversation. The Founder and Facilitator of ‘Moving Conversations’, a community that provides a much-needed home for a group of individuals or a community to explore and tackle difficult and complex issues in a safe, facilitated environment.
Through the power of conversation, Farah shares personal stories how her close community of friends and loved ones have helped her to deal with and slowly overcome her Chronic Pain and Fatigue. From these experiences Farah has been inspired to volunteer her time and knowledge to help those that have been impacted in one way or another.
Farah’s take home tips on how to start a conversation
- Be aware of the environment you are creating
have you eaten or had enough water. The types of conversations can be intense and use up a lot of energy so best be prepared mentally and physically.
- Know the intention
Really get to know what the intention is of the conversation, as the other person may not know what you have been through or what you are feeling. Being vulnerable is a way of showing authenticity and honesty.
- Ask yourself is this the right time
Reassure that this is what you want, and it is the right time to start and be part of the conversation.
Ep. 022 – Knowing your worth – The Self-Worth Movement w/ Farah Mak – The Let me take a Selfie Podcast
- Ep. 022 – Knowing your worth – The Self-Worth Movement w/ Farah Mak
- Ep. 021 – Exercises to keep you moving at the desk w/ Ben Rashleigh & Laminex learning bites
- Ep. 020 – Chronic conditions, pain & how the Endocannabinoid system can help w/ Dr Carrie Newbold
- Ep. 019 – Handling the stresses of life w/ Tony Fahkry
- Ep. 018 – Not so regular Joe – Eating disorders and the journey beyond w/ Marc Roufeil