Through out the week you can usually find Ben teaching his Pilates studio clients at Aligned for Life Pilates – Melbourne.
Ben truly believes that every single person deserves a chance at living their best life just like he had the opportunity to do so in 2012, which has led him to help people to participate fully in their own live through the Pilates Method as well as movement education in the corporate space and of course hosting the Let Me Take A Selfie Podcast.
Find Ben via:
It’s more efficient to take break than not to.
In this episode it’s all about ‘Breaks’ and the importance of breaks, and how breaks can make you more productive, efficient and have health benefits. There is a lot of research that supports taking a break throughout a working day that doesn’t involve any work, or personal tasking can improve one’s mood and support wellbeing and reduce stress.
There is also research that supports that multitasking is not as efficient and productive as when focusing on one single task at a time. So spend the next 15 mins solely focussing on the episode.
In summary, taking regular scheduled breaks to do what you love, not work related or task driven will have positive effects and overall improve work productivity.
Enjoy the show!
Take home tips to consider for you to do on your breaks:
- Meditation – regular meditation for about 20 mins a day can reduce chronic pain, anxiety, high blood pressure and cholesterol.
- Spending your mini breaks doing some active exercises – incorporating some on the spot running or skipping or even simple desk exercises can help boost your mood.
- Celebrating the good old-fashioned siesta – taking mini naps during your breaks can often improve your cognitive responses.
- Being a mental wonder – spend some time daydream to rest your brain.
The Recovery Experience Questionnaire : Development and Validation of a Measure for Assessing Recuperation and Unwinding From Work – University of Konstanz
Productivity Through Coffee Breaks: Changing Social Networks by Changing Break Structure – Wabner, Olgiun, Kim, Petland
Ep. 048 – Unlocking your creativity w/ Brady Brewer – The Let me take a Selfie Podcast
- Ep. 048 – Unlocking your creativity w/ Brady Brewer
- Ep. 047 – The art of decision making w/ Dr Shyam Barr
- Ep. 046 – The effects of exercise on our whole bodily systems
- Ep. 045 – Managing my rheumatic pains – Not so regular Joe interview w/ Liesbeth Vander Elst
- Ep. 044 – Why strength training is important