Dr Carrie Newbold
Carrie’s background ranges from being a Medical Engineer, who has experience in pre-clinical and clinical research. Who also is a remedial massage therapist and Pilates instructor. Carrie also works for an Endocannabinoid clinic conducting research and working with a community group which looks at Chronic Pain and other disorders.
Find Carrie via:
The body produces its own endocannabinoids
In this episode, Carrie goes into detail about what the Endocannabinoid System is, how the name came about as well as the function of the system has on the human body.
We touch on how the Endocannabinoid system and their receptors are found throughout the body; in the brain, organs, connective tissues, glands, and immune cells. With its complex actions in our immune system, nervous system, and virtually all of the body’s organs, the endocannabinoids are literally a bridge between body and mind. Having an effect on managing conditions like chronic pain, fibromyalgia, arthritis, epilepsy, movement disorders like Parkinson’s and multiple sclerosis. Even autism spectrum disorder, IBD, IBS and sleep disorder.
Carrie’s tips on how we can build and maintain our endocannabinoid system on a daily basis.
- Start with a ‘starting goal’- play with your sleep – regular wake up and bedtime should be a priority.
- Play with food and or Exercise – incorporate Omega 3 oil to be added to your diet.
- Exercise or move your body in anyway which suits you and your lifestyle – example dancing in your living room could be one way.
- For any additional help, seeking help from a heath practitioner is a great way to get further help and support.
Ep. 022 – Knowing your worth – The Self-Worth Movement w/ Farah Mak – The Let me take a Selfie Podcast
- Ep. 022 – Knowing your worth – The Self-Worth Movement w/ Farah Mak
- Ep. 021 – Exercises to keep you moving at the desk w/ Ben Rashleigh & Laminex learning bites
- Ep. 020 – Chronic conditions, pain & how the Endocannabinoid system can help w/ Dr Carrie Newbold
- Ep. 019 – Handling the stresses of life w/ Tony Fahkry
- Ep. 018 – Not so regular Joe – Eating disorders and the journey beyond w/ Marc Roufeil