An actor, presenter, writer and founder of The Self-Worth Movement. A Melbourne native wife to a loving husband, mother of four children and three fur-babies.
Some would say she is a sparkly, glittery, eternal-optimist and positive change-maker, someone who sees the world through rose-coloured glasses. A joy to be around, leads with strength, grace and integrity and lives a life aligned to her unique talents and gifts, secure in the knowledge of her own innate worth.
That’s all true, but it wasn’t always that way. Farah has definitely developed her intrinsic strength of understanding her own self-worth through rising out of an from her own trying times. And now making it her mission helping others find their own self-worth and the value behind discovering it.
Find Farah via:
You are worthy
Through a dark period involving domestic violence in Farah’s life she saw a vision and created a movement which is known as the ‘Self-worth movement’. The self-worth movement is an enterprise committed to raising awareness to the value of self-worth. Farah’s mission is to transform the hearts of women and girls around the world to know who they are, what they stand for and what they want to say.
Initially the self-wort moment was created from a poem Farah wrote called she shines which was love letter to herself and a call to arms. Farah even had a vision to turn the poem into a short film, knowing she could touch and change many lives. After years, her vison came to light with the short film now in pre-production as well as a feature film around multiple stories to be released in 2022.
Self-worth can be stifled by many things; trauma, abandonment, bullying, sickness, grief and so much more. Through Farah’s road to self-validation was not easy. Regaining her self-worth was transformational. It helped her achieve hopes and dreams, and she wants to share this with women and girls around the world and to empower and understand their true worth.
- Grounding yourself with square breathing
Enjoy the show!
Farah’s tips to nurture their self-worth & self-love:
- Positive affirmations – write down 3 words you need to work on or want to enhance on. Saying them or even singing them.
2. Values. – Knowing your values and living by them.
3. Grounding yourself – Square breathing: This technique can be beneficial to anyone, especially those who want to meditate or reduce stress. It’s used by everyone from athletes to U.S. Navy SEALs, police officers, and nurses.
How to square breathe:
- Begin by slowly exhaling all of your air out.
- Then, gently inhale through your nose to a slow count of 4.
- Hold at the top of the breath for a count of 4.
- Then gently exhale through your mouth for a count of 4.
- At the bottom of the breath, pause and hold for the count of 4.
Ep.041 – Getting into your groove w/ Grant Thomas – The Let me take a Selfie Podcast
- Ep.041 – Getting into your groove w/ Grant Thomas
- Ep. 040 – Yoga and the practice of your capability w/ Anzari Atik
- Ep. 039 – Posture – capacity to move though different positions effectively
- Ep. 038 – Transitioning through trauma – Moving into life’s next adventure w/ William Burnett
- Ep. 037 – Pain free?!, consent and collecting – Not so regular Joe interview w/ Kathy Rast