Through out the week you can usually find Ben teaching his Pilates studio clients at Aligned for Life Pilates – Melbourne.
Ben truly believes that every single person deserves a chance at living their best life just like he had the opportunity to do so in 2012, which has led him to help people to participate fully in their own live through the Pilates Method as well as movement education in the corporate space and of course hosting the Let Me Take A Selfie Podcast.
Find Ben via:
How do we view posture?
What are our thought process around posture? What if we were to look at posture as being able to move though different daily positions and the capacity to also reasonably load in that position up to what has been trained to withstand.
In this episode we will look at posture being:
- A functional and adaptive capability.
- The body being high efficient to adapting.
- Associated with pain?
- Reflects or feeling and emotions.
- Are people attracted to certain postures?
- What postures you should choose… the ones that make you feel good.
Enjoy the show!
Articles of interest
- Mahmoud N, Hassan K, The relationship between forward head posture and neck pain: a systematic review and meta-analysis, Current views in musculoskeletal medicine, 2019, pp562-577
- Barrett E, O’keeffe E, O’Sullivan K, Is thoracic spine posture associated with shoulder pain, range of motion and function? A systematic review, Jrnl. Man. Therapy, Vol 26, 2016, pp 38-46
- Lima L, Abner T, Sluka K, Deos exercise increase or decrease pain? Central mechanisms underlying these two phenomena, Jrnl. Phys., Vol 595, 2017, pp 4141-4150
- Nichele da Rosa B, Furlanetto T, $-year longitudinal study of the assessment of body posture, back pain, postal and life habits of school children, Motricidade, Vo13, 2013, pp 3-12
- Normaoyle A, Liu F, The effect of posture and dynamics on the perception of emotion, SAP 13, 2013, pp 91-98
- Dael N, Mortillaro M, Scherer K R, Emotion suppression in body action and posture, Jrnl. TOC, 2012, pp1085 -1101
- Bertamini M, Byrne C, Attractiveness is influenced by the relationship between postures of the view and the viewed person, 2013
- Osborn D, Beauty is as beauty does?: Make up and posture effects on physical attractiveness judgements, Jrnl. app. Soc. Psy., 1996, Vol 26, pp31-51
Ep. 048 – Unlocking your creativity w/ Brady Brewer – The Let me take a Selfie Podcast
- Ep. 048 – Unlocking your creativity w/ Brady Brewer
- Ep. 047 – The art of decision making w/ Dr Shyam Barr
- Ep. 046 – The effects of exercise on our whole bodily systems
- Ep. 045 – Managing my rheumatic pains – Not so regular Joe interview w/ Liesbeth Vander Elst
- Ep. 044 – Why strength training is important