Cornel Wilczek is an Australian award winning screen composer and music producer. He is driven by experimentation and the desire to find something new in music. Working with colour and contrast, he combines lush, acoustic sources with home-made electronics to take listeners to new places and help create unique worlds for his projects.
Cornel runs and owns recording studio in South Melbourne, Australia. It is a high-end, acoustically designed space that facilitates creative development where he has produced many musical artworks.
Some people find it hard at the best of times to find their creativity or keep up producing work at a high quality level. Imagine doing it with a condition that makes you feel like your body is on fire.
In this episode we have a chat with Cornel about how he handles his auto-immune condition – Ankylosing spondylitis and lives his life to its fullest and what happens between his plans that has been the most important factor.
Some little pearls from our chat:
The importance of movement
Mixing up your movement to help keeping the inflammation at bay
- Even fun things like skipping, trampolining and hula hooping.
Even though it sounds counterintuitive when flared up and all Cornel wanted to was rest. The only thing that would help his inflammation was to move.
Never give up on trying to make yourself feel better
Doesn’t mean you need to find that river bullet.
Finding what foods would flare up his condition was also key to helping
Check out episode two on how food can help your immune system
Links of Interest
Ep.041 – Getting into your groove w/ Grant Thomas – The Let me take a Selfie Podcast
- Ep.041 – Getting into your groove w/ Grant Thomas
- Ep. 040 – Yoga and the practice of your capability w/ Anzari Atik
- Ep. 039 – Posture – capacity to move though different positions effectively
- Ep. 038 – Transitioning through trauma – Moving into life’s next adventure w/ William Burnett
- Ep. 037 – Pain free?!, consent and collecting – Not so regular Joe interview w/ Kathy Rast